After some time off because holidays are the best of times & worst of times (that's what Dickens was talking about, right?), we're back with another member spotlight! This week we're talking to none other than the kind, hilarious, and unstoppable Dave Barr! Dave and Mary Helen, and their wonderful offspring, George and Maggie, are regulars at the 5:00am class. The family that works out together is less likely to take out frustration on each other... I think. Well, the Barrs make it look pretty easy ;)
Definitely say hi to Dave next time you're around at 5:00am (or just spend the night in the gym - I hear it's fun to sleep on the GHD.)
Thank you Dave for being such a great sport! We love having you as part of CFSC!
*(Side-note: These pictures were taken on different days. Dave apparently PRs when he wears his Nike swoosh t-shirt! Attaboy!!!)
1. Hey there! Where are you from?
Bethel Park for the past 29 years after I married Mary Helen; I grew up in Portersville just up the hill from McConnells Mill State Park.
2. What do you do for a living?
Youth and Family Pastor at Peters Creek Baptist Church
3. How long have you been doing CrossFit?
2 ½ years
4. Tell us about your athletic history…
Track and Cross Country in high school; Ran 5 Marathons, coached track and Cross country for 18 years
5. What brought you to CrossFit St. Clair?
Our old gym closed, Phil Tharnish invited us to St Clair
6. What are you currently working on in the gym?
Staying alive even though burpees are out to kill me.
7. Favorite food?
I’ll say Mexican but the true answer is just yes.
8. Favorite movie?
9. Favorite book?
The Pastor by Eugene Peterson
10. Favorite music to work out to?
11. When you aren’t working or working out, where can we find you?
Working on the house, or sleeping so I can make it to the 5:00am class.
12. How has CrossFit changed you?
Stronger than I was and still a long way to go – Someday I will do a pull-up.
13. What do you love most about CrossFit St. Clair?
14. What 3 words would people use to describe you?
Funny Bald Red-head
15. Any mantra, favorite quote, or words to live by?
“Can’t, never did anything”