Hey Everyone! It's that time of the month again where we take a closer look at one of the members of our community. This time we take a seat with one of our more quiet folks and find out exactly who he is. You can usually catch Troy at the 9:30 AM class throwing obscene amounts of weight around and then over in POWL afterwards, keeping things tight. Troy is one of the nicest guys in the gym and he would be happy if the next time you see him, you walk up and say hello.
1. Hey there! Where are you from
2. What do you do for a living?
-Producer/Mix engineer at 96.1 kiss FM
- Licensed Funeral Director at Slater Funeral Homes (FamilyOwned)
-After I graduated from Berklee college of music, I moved out to Los Angeles CA, whereI worked as a music composer / music supervisor with the daytime abc soap"One Life To Live". After awhile I moved back to Pittsburgh and graduated from Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science where I got a degree in embalming /funeral directing where I now successfully running the family business.
'3. How long have you been doing CrossFit?
I've been doing crossfit now about a year and a half.
4. Tell us about your athletic history…
I played baseball, basketball, and golf.
5. What brought you to CrossFit St. Clair?
I've been a member there for a long time, then when CrossFit started I watched it and really thought it was fun, interesting, and a challenge.
6. What’s your favorite way to sweat?
Running and working out in the gym
7. Favorite food?
Steak, and Italian
8. Favorite movie?
Talented Mr Ripley
9. Favorite book?
Really don't read many books I, guess I read so many scripts over the years when I was doing the soap thing with adding music it made up for all the books.
10. Favorite music to work out to?
Anything high energy and any instrumental club mix type.
11. When you aren’t working or working out, where can we find you?
Out and about or spending time with family and friends.
12. How has CrossFit changed you?
It made me more strong and confident in my workouts it also made me see a lot of new ways to improve your workout
13. What do you love most about CrossFit St. Clair?
I, love the people evedryone is so nice and friendly I,enjoy the variety of workouts and I like all the coaches
14. What 3 words would people use to describe you?
Fun, good listener, helpful
15. Any mantra, favorite quote, or words to live by?
Keep pushing forward